10 CBD Facts For Pets Health (Bruce’s CBD Pet Products Are The Answer)
1. CBD Is Not Psychoactive
CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound found in cannabis and hemp. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) can also be found in cannabis, and it’s this compound that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties. Most CBD oils are just that … the beneficial CBD without the THC. And they typically come from hemp, not marijuana. In short, your dog won’t get “high” from CBD oil … he’ll get the relaxation without the intoxication.
And speaking of relaxation …
Does your dog suffer from separation anxiety or noise phobias? CBD has been extensively studied for its effect on stress and anxiety. In humans, it’s been found to:
- Reduce anxiety caused by public speaking
- Reduce tension in both healthy people and people with anxiety disorders
- Be useful for panic disorders and post-traumatic stress disorders
3. CBD Can Fights Cancer
CBD and other substances found in hemp and cannabis have been found to have an anti-tumor effect. CBD has even been shown to stop cancer cells from growing and increased tumor cell death.
- CBD helps the immune system’s killer cells to cause cancer cell death
- CBD kills cancer cells by blocking their ability to produce energy
- CBD’s anti-tumor properties slow and inhibit glioma cell growth
- CBD can help increase the efficacy of conventional cancer treatment
4. CBD Can Treat Seizures And Epilepsy
It’s estimated that up to 5% of dogs suffer from seizures. Most dogs with seizures are put on drugs such as phenobarbital and potassium bromide. While they may help control the seizures, they can be extremely harmful to your dog’s liver and other organs. And the drugs don’t work in all cases.
CBD has been shown to work well in drug-resistant epilepsy. In one study, 7 of 8 patients with epilepsy that was resistant to drugs saw a definite improvement within 4 to 5 months of taking CBD.
And a survey of children with treatment-resistant epilepsy found that 84% of the children taking CBD had a reduction in the frequency of seizures.
5. CBD Relieves Pain
The cannabinoids in CBD work so well for pain that scientists are considering it as a new class of drug for the treatment of chronic pain. Studies show CBD to be very for:
- Decreasing pain (including neuropathy and nerve-related pain)
- Decreasing the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress (which causes degeneration and premature aging)
- Decreasing inflammation in acute pancreatitis
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing intestinal inflammation (associated with irritable bowel disease)
6. CBD Can Help With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Animal studies show that CBD can prevent colitis (IBD) and restore normal gut motility in inflammatory bowel disease.
CBD also has antibiotic properties, including Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA).
7. CBD Reduces Chronic Inflammation And Autoimmune Disease
CBD has been shown to decrease the production and release of inflammatory cytokines that can cause allergies, hypersensitivities, and autoimmunity. It can also suppress something called Th17 dominance, which is a major cause of autoimmune diseases.
CBD also inhibits the production of inflammatory macrophages and decreases chronic inflammation.
CBD is also a powerful antioxidant that’s shown to be more potent than vitamins C and E.
8. CBD Can Protect The Nervous System And Help With Neurodegenerative Diseases
For dogs suffering from degenerative myelopathy and other spine and nerve issues, CBD shows a lot of promise. It’s been shown to help patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease by protecting the brain cells from toxicity.
For senior dogs, CBD has been shown to protect the brain from cell death caused by free radicals and toxins.
9. CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea
If you have trouble getting your dog to eat, CBD may help. The National Cancer Institute reports that CBD increases appetite and carries this extra benefit, in addition to controlling cancer.
In animal studies, CBD has also been shown to help with vomiting and nausea, even when they’re the result of toxins and drugs.
10. CBD Promotes Cardiovascular Health
CBD has been linked to heart health. Studies show it can reduce the damage from damaged blood vessels and irregular heart rates, protect blood vessels from damage and dilate the arteries, and reduce heart rate and blood pressure associated with stress and anxiety.
Choosing A Good CBD Oil For Your Pets (Cats & Dogs)
Not all CBD oils are the same … you’ll want a high-quality CBD oil that works. Pure Hemp Oil brings relief to people from all walks of life, so why not bring the same level of relief to our furry friends as well? Introducing Pet Relief from Pure Relief’s line of Pure Hemp Oil. Whether your pet has separation anxiety, fear of fireworks, or a more serious condition, Pet Relief will deliver the peace of mind you both deserve.